Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One more dawn....One more day....

One Day MORE......

Yay Les Mis. My favorite musical.

I'll be on a plane in less than 24 hours. Today's going to be the hardest one, I think. At least so far. No, tomorrow will be, after I get to the hotel. Maybe. I don't know. Basically, it's going to be hard to say goodbye.

heh, my birds (I gots a new one, blue and yellow!) are preening each other, so I know they must finally be friends. It's really cute.

Usually how I deal with stress-filled emotional situations is run the scenario over in my head a few times, living through what I'm going to say, and feel. It always takes the edge off, spreads the emotion around a bit so it's easier to deal with, in slightly smaller amounts over a longer period of time. It also works in the reverse, if I bottle for an intense situation and then release it later when it's "safe." Some people say it makes me a bit more morbid and cold, and they might be right. I also think it'll be a great skill to have as an RA.

But this time, I haven't run the situations before my mind's eye. I've always gotten halfway there, then pushed it out of my mind. Instead I've been thinking about the things I might say later, in my note. I know it's just a facebook note, a journal entry. But when I leave somewhere, they're like my final goodbye, the one way that I can make sure I can get out everything that I want to say and feel to the world. It makes me feel more at peace with things. So why is there so much anticipation inside me for the one I'll be writing tonight, at 2am, waiting for Time to come, take me by the hand and away to Maryland? I think it's to do with the changes that have happened and been made, and that I'm going to give it my all to make sure they aren't in vain. But more on that tonight.

In the meantime, it's time to compartmentalize and pack, something I've put off until NOW. And get my haircut, and make sure I've got everything together. Then see a few people one more time. Then i'll be back and type out a sappy goodbye. And then it'll be okay for me to leave my first life and reenter my second.

No comments: