Friday, August 29, 2008

Virtue Building

So. Remember how I posted earlier and said that I'm giving up drinking this year? Yeahhh...I got invited to go have some fun with some friends tonight, and had to turn it down. It sucked. For a little while I was blinded and consumed by the one scenario, having to turn down one group of friends, completely forgetting that I've got so many others. I felt soooo alone.

But then I walked into Sheridan and talked to Janee, who was working on her door decs. And then I saw Nicole's comment on my last post. And now I realize that I'm not alone, that my staff and the others know what I'm going through. Not all of them follow all the rules, of course. We all have to pick and choose a little bit sometimes, because we're human and college students too. But I realized that I wasn't alone, and that's ok. And now I remember that I've got other friends, who aren't even RAs who would help and support me.

Cutting off the hand that causes you to sin hurts more than I anticipated. But once I get better at this I'll only have to chop off the few fingers filled with gangrene, not my whole hand.

I also had a nice rant in my head going, yelling at myself for nearly caving. It started as what I imagined David or even Benitez would say, and of course that wasn't forceful enough, so quickly it evolved into a glorious rampage against my concupiscence. Did you really think doing this would be easy? Why are you whining? This is nothing. NOTHING. People have endured harder, long suffering and temptation than you have. You're stubbing your toe, not being thrown into an iron maiden. Suck it up and deal. You stand for more than this. Philippians 4:13. I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.

And now I'm going to "enjoy" an evening of putting a little glitter on door decs and maybe defacing the back of a ceiling tile. :-D If you're up for some non-alcoholic fun, knock on my door.

PLEASE!!!


:-)

No comments: